Thursday, May 13, 2010

Idol Thoughts

The Daily Beast website runs a breathlessly speculative piece today about who might replace Simon Cowell on American Idol. I haven't actually read the article--I  had a one-year flirtation with the show that is long over--but I have a nit to pick with the sub-heading blurb:
With the weak American Idol season ending soon, Richard Rushwell places odds on who will be cast to restore the show to post-Cowell glory.
As far as I know, Cowell has been doing his cranky tell-it-like-it-is shtick on the panel since the show's inception. How then can the show be "restored" to an era of glory (a post-Cowell era) it has not heretofore enjoyed?

As Randy Jackson would say, it's a little pitchy, Dawg.

By the way, the year I watched, Melinda Doolittle so deserved to win.